2. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
The Can Makers are responsible for the processing of your personal data. The Can Makers Information Service is established at The Brassworks, 32 York Way, London, N1 9AB.
3. Which personal data do we process about you?
We mainly collect your information and personal data that we get directly from you:
- when you use our contact form or send in a query: your first name, your last name, your e-mail address, the subject of your question and any correspondence between you and the Can Makers;
- when you download content from our website: we may take your name, company, association or university, position, purpose of use/request and your e-mail address;
- when you enter into a contest: depending on the contest but usually, your name and e-mail address;
- if you take part in a survey: depending on the survey but usually, your name and e-mail address;
- when you become a member: company information (such as your company name, the activities of your company and the address of your company) and personal information such as your title, your name, your position, your e-mail address and your telephone number;
In some cases, we also process information coming from third parties such as cookie providers when you browse our website.
4. For which purposes and how do we process your personal data?
The Can Makers process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to answer your questions and exchange information with you;
- to keep you informed about the Can Makers’ news and activities;
- to allow you to participate in a contest;
- to ask for your opinion in a survey;
- to create an account to access our members intranet;
- to register your participation as a member in our annual general meeting;
- to personalise and optimise our websites and to keep them secure and protect them against cyber-attacks.
Regarding the processing of your personal data, the Can Makers relies on:
- either, the consent that you expressed, e.g. by ticking a box to this effect during your navigation on our site, or via another positive action from which your consent is inferred, e.g. by choosing to contact us via the contact form. In this case, you have the right to withdraw your consent for the future at all time (see question 10);
- or, on another legal basis laid down by law: for example, if the collection of data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (such as the membership with the Can Makers). In some cases, the processing of your data may also be necessary to realise a legitimate interest for the Can Makers, such as the interest of the Can Makers in informing its members of its news and activities.
5. With whom do we share your personal data?
The Can Makers shares your personal data with the following third parties:
- our parent association, Metal Packaging Europe
- service providers to provide services for us in relation to our websites, such as marketing agencies, web hosting companies, mailing vendors, …
- service providers to provide services for us in relation to our activities, such as the organisations of events (e.g. event agencies, event hosting services, hotels, …).
In addition, the Can Makers may be obliged to disclose your personal data if this is required by law or a court order.
We are committed to ensuring the confidentiality of your data, which includes among other things that we conclude adequate contracts with our partners and service providers which impose confidentiality obligations on them.
6. Do we transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area?
Some data may be stored or transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes described in question 4 above. It is possible that this transfer occurs via service providers (as mentioned in question 5 above) established outside the EEA territory or because data are stored on a server located outside or accessible outside the EEA.
In this respect, the Can Makers are committed to ensuring an adequate level of protection for your data, in particular via an adequacy decision under article 45 GDPR for the country to which data is transferred (including certifications under the EU-US Privacy Shield), by concluding standard contractual clauses under article 46.2 GDPR, or by any other appropriate safeguards.
7. How is your personal data protected?
In order to guarantee the security of your personal data we have set in place a series of security measures and safeguards. Your personal data is stored on secure networks that my only be accessed by a limited number of persons who undertake to respect and maintain its confidential nature.
Despite these measures, due care should be taken when storing and/or sharing your personal data and login, particularly when connecting via unsecure or public networks.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
The collected data is kept as long as necessary to provide our services and for the purposes described in question 4 above. We take into account the time that has passed since our latest contact with you. Personal data collected in the context of your membership with the Can Makers will be retained for the duration of the membership and a reasonable period thereafter.
In addition, you have the right to request a rectification of your data or the deletion of your data. Please refer in this regard to question 10 below.
9. What about links to other websites and social media?
10. What are your rights as a data subject?
You have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. Some of these rights may be subject to conditions or exceptions.
You have a right of access to your data, a right to correct your data, a right to the erasure of your data, a right to limit the processing of your data and a right to ask the portability of your data.
You also have a right to object to the processing of your data in general as well as to the processing of your data for direct marketing and profiling purposes.
If the processing of your data is based on consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the legitimacy of the processing done prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
You can send your request by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to the address mentioned below. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before processing your request.
You may also review, update or delete your account by editing your account and profile settings in the registration area.
In accordance with article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of an alleged infringement of the GDPR. The Information Commissioner’s Office is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. Find ways to contact them here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
11. How can you contact us?
- by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by mail at the Can Makers Information Service, The Brassworks, 32 York Way, London, N1 9AB,
- by phone at the number 0203 971 4282.